prosciutto and brussels sprout pasta

9:22:00 AM

So, this is my little recipe I wanted to share with you all! I only took a few photos because cooking takes time and I haven't yet mastered taking photos and cooking at the same time. I am a hot mess. The hottest of messes. Any who let's get started! 

Last week I went shopping at Trader Joe's a did some damage, a whopping $35 but it's been a week and I still have groceries waiting to be used. So that's why I do what I do. So damn yummy. But as I was shopping I knew I needed to make a fantastic meal that was on the healthier side as well as delicious.



So it was a small recipe but thats why I loved it. Made enough for 3 people. Which is usually my goal. I love leftovers but for a first time recipe I didn't want to make too much just in case it wasn't so good. So you'll need....


  • box of angel hair pasta (I used white but next time I'll use whole wheat)
  • half red onion
  • 3 slices of prosciutto
  • 3/4 bag of shredded brussels sprouts
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • olive oil (as much or as little as you prefer)
So getting started I warmed the olive oil in a pan and added the brussels sprouts and diced garlic with a dash of salt. NOTE: At this point I had already made the pasta and had it drained and sitting in the sink waiting until the veggies were all ready. I added the diced red onion and just tended the food a lot, waiting until the edges of the onion started to crisp.


Once that started I added the three slices of prosciutto, I cut them up as well as I could, no more than three slices for what ended up as three and a half servings. After the edges of the prosciutto started to crisp I started adding the pasta slowly to the veggie and meat mixture, adding some olive oil and cracked pepper. 


Mmmmmmmmmmm, so good. It literally smells amazing. DO it. It does. So as I served it I added some parmesan cheese (bad bad bad) but it added some more deliciousness. Overall it was a huge hit with me, Mike, and Zack, so I will definitely be making it again. Simple but yummy. Let me know if anyone tries this recipe! If you add anything else to it or have some changes! I would love to hear all about it! Good luck and happy cooking! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

instagram

Subscribe