Review and Posting Schedule

8:04:00 PM

Hello, Hello! So I think I'll be scheduling posts for Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I've been thinking- well what can make me consistent, and it looks like this will be it. Plus I can always pre-make some posts and schedule them when things get a little crazy. For now though I'll make a post if I change anything but as of the moment I sort of like this as a plan. Now onto the reviews! 


When it comes to dry shampoo I am a connoisseur of sorts, and I have to be. Oily hair? Check. Fine hair? Check. Thin? Check. I am a walking-talking advert for dry shampoo, and I'm sad it took me until about 20/21 to truly realize this. I used to wash my hair every. Single. Day. Some people- that's fine! You do you, boo! But I am lazy. And I don't have the patience to deal with that. Plus I produce way more oil when I was washing my hair every single day, even now after a workout I spritz my roots and then move about my day until I can jump into the shower (of course I wash my face and neck in the meantime but still). Now I am elated if I can go a week without washing my hair- thrilled from the tip of my nose to the bottom of my toes.

 I would say I average washing my hair every three days, and so I have tested many, many, many dry shampoos of various price ranges. Plus I usually rotate brands to see if something works better than before, if a formula has changed, and sometimes because it's on sale, so my reviews are over the last couple of years over trying out brands a few times (for the most part). I'll note if this is a one-time use or not. 

tresemme dry shampooThis- This was my first dry shampoo EVER. So I was loyal to a fault for many months. I liked it because it smelled like my mom, but she used a lot of Tresemme and Pantine when I was younger so I guess that makes sense. It's a little heavy and perfumed strongly, smells nice but really strong. For a starter it got the job done, but as I kept using it I noticed that it would leave my roots very powdery and it was't fun. I even used this last summer as a travel size when I went away for a few days and was again reminded why I stopped using it. It's fine, and I'm sure some people love it- but it's not for me. Cost: $5.99

Dove refresh +care: Wow, wow, WOW. As far as drug store dry shampoos go this one is the CHAMPION. I have used this off and on for about 3 years (roughly? I want to say?) And this has always been the champion of them all, my winner in all books. Smells so clean and feels great, however there is some serious buildup after a few days- I can't do more than three days using this consistently, it just starts to coat and build up. Even my boyfriend likes to use this one! Overall I adore this product and recommend this to everyone on a budget! I need this one in a travel size for short vacations. Psssst, Dove, you hear that? Please? Cost: $4.40

BB prêt-a-powder: Now to something a wee-bit more expensive. Now I used this a small handful of times (Ha! Get it? Cause you put it in your hand...? Whatever. I'm funny.) in the travel size, it's alright. For me the biggest issue was application, I prefer the cans, although they can't be good for the environment. For one night after a good sleep or to extend a style through the night it's great! But building it for an additional day it's just not my favorite. Overall it's a great product with a neat application. Not too powdery unless you have a heavy hand, and smells really lovely. Cost: $27.00

Suave professionals: Now I have tried the regular Suave Professionals and the Keratin formula. If you need a quick fix: yes, great and the cheapest on this list. I used the Keratin formula while trying to pull a disastrous perm out of my hair and it was great! However when my hair texture returned to normal it started weighing my hair heavily. The regular formula is nice but a bit too fruity smelling for my taste, I prefer something clean or floral. Again it's a heavy buildup after a two-three days, just a heads up! Cost: $2.89

Herbal Essences Naked: As much as I love the Naked line from Herbal Essences due to how my hair feels and smells I have to say this product was a huge let down. I expected so much more, it fell flat during the day, barely made a difference with my oily roots, and didn't smell nearly as refreshing as the shampoo and conditioner. If this works for you- great! If you're like me, well, you know it's not the most reliable. Cost: $4.99

Macadamia Volumizing: This product is hard to find, and maybe that's because people had similar experiences as myself. Oil for Oily hair, crazy, right? But I've put oil based products in my hair and have reaped the benefits so I was hoping that this would be an excellent product as well. Nope. Nope. I think I disliked this product more than the Herbal Essences one, it just fell flat. But it looks like there is a different formula out so I'll have to give that one a try as well! Cost: $10.44

Batiste: Now if I thought Dove was my holy grail- damn. Damn was I ever wrong! I was super skeptical of trying this out, how can one product work so well for so many different people?! It doesn't make sense and yet here it is! I got SEVEN days out of my hair with this until I needed to wash my hair. The fresh and clean scent and the original scent are amazing and just put me on cloud nine. Nothing negative I can say about this product at all. Winner-winner chicken dinner. Cost: $7.99

Psssst! Instant Dry: I tried this about three separate times. Not good- not great, kind of meh. It looked great on but I didn't like the way my hair felt and it was a bit too baby powder smelling for me, I'd recommend it to girls whose hair is on the bit of the normal side of oily. Cost: $5.99

NYM: Clean Freak:  Kind of similar feelings on the formula of Psssst!, although something must be casting a dark shadow over every bottle I buy of this. After roughly three uses the nozzle always breaks on me. How? Why? I don't know. I do what I always do but these nozzles just won't stay with me. Nice product, typically clean smell, but my bad luck with the nozzles keeps me from being optimistic about the brand. Cost: $6.19

Oribe Dry Texturizing Shampoo: This one... this one I have mixed feelings for. It's hit or miss on the  dry shampoo but texturizing? HELL YEAH. And combined with fresh hair or a bit of my Batiste? It's a slam dunk! Sometimes it makes my hair a little shinier than I like when I use it alone, but it really keeps the curls in second day hair and doesn't make my hair crispy or crunchy. I love this! Even if it's the most expensive product on here I think it's worth it. I bought this back in March and I'm still using the same one and I use it a few times a week. It's an amazing product for your cash. Cost: $44.00


So I believe this is a wrap, for now. I of course want to try more products and if anyone has any suggestions or additions please let me know! I really am interested in the Dry Bar brand so I'll probably try that one out next. I need more goodies, I think I might share my favorite liquid lipsticks next, or just regular lipsticks, or maybe mascaras! Who knows, I sure don't yet, please leave any suggestions. I might make an outfit post this weekend so just hold tight! 

XxOo



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

instagram

Subscribe