spring door wreath

3:07:00 PM




This Spring I needed a new wreath on my door. Not because I didn't make one for Winter. Which I didn't. Just nothing this winter screamed out to me, "YES I AM PERFECT MAKE ME HOLIDAY READY!" I didn't want to go the stereotypical route with a Winter wreath, but let's be honest. I probably will this year. 

This one started out because I saw that little wire "hello" sign and I knew what I wanted to do. That's pretty much where it all started, after that it was just me waiting for a moment so I could pick up the rest of the supplies I needed. Also I decided on a flat wreath instead of a rounded or styrofoam one. Not sure why, just felt like it. Like the look for this one and the effect. 


  • a hot glue gun
  • flat wooden wreath
  • small sign to attach (optional, I got mine from Primemark for 50 cents!)
  • various flowers all in bright colors (michaels)
  • green wire

So let's start- I took off flowers from the bunches I grabbed, and I grabbed a ton. Over $80 worth. The ones I ended up not using or liking I returned. Although I could have been more picky and could have avoided this. I started gluing down some of the leaves on the edges and gluing down the flowers, I wanted it to be fuller looking without being bulky. 


I also wanted to fill in the small holes, but I did use one to attach with the green wire the little sign. Just for added security. I also hot glued it in addition to putting the wire on. Can never be too careful. I did use some leaves to try to hide the securing of the sign as well as the flowers. Making sure that the sign was visible was my main priority since that's what gave me the inspiration. 


I don't really have a ton of other suggestions to throw in with this, just make it your own! It was a project I really loved doing and finding the time for. I put it up in March and it's now June and nothing has come off or fallen off and it's always getting tons of compliments. I am literally over the moon anytime people say something to me about it. With it's bright and cheerful colors I know I could keep it up all summer as well, although I think I might want to try something else for the summer. Overall it's a project I ADORED and can't wait for my next DIY project. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

instagram

Subscribe