weekend at a glance...

3:42:00 PM

Well if you read my last post you know the day I blogged last I was having a rather rough day, which is expected with depression from time to time, however it did not last forever! Friday was uneventful up until Mike picked me up to go to his old school's middle school production of Cinderella. The costumes were gorgeous (found out they did rent most of them), the props were cute and the kids tried so hard! They actually did rather well too, I think my favorite was the girl playing Crazy Marie. She reminded me a lot of Jacqui, she also seemed the most in character and devoted to her role in addition to having a lovely voice. 

After the show Mike and I went to Iron Hill for dinner and grabbed a bunch of apps, honestly I should have taken a photo because DAMN everything was so good and delicious. Nachos (w/o meat), bruschetta, cheesesteak egg rolls, and a caesar salad (for me). Mike had two whitberry beers and I had a coke which tasted funky since I'm trying not to drink it all that much, so overall dinner was so good. I love doing appetizers for dinner. But as we were leaving we ran into a ton of his old teachers and the teacher he had really wanted to see was there so they caught up for awhile. I really enjoyed how happy it made Mike to catch up with an old teacher that he really liked and admired. It was sweet.

Saturday was just kind of weird, mostly because Mike and I woke up late and ended up getting Blizzards from Dairy Queen for breakfast/ lunch and ate them in the park. Big. Mistake. That much dairy made me sick to my stomach. I did't even finish the whole thing and it was only a small. So Mike took me home and he relaxed with me, but that dairy had me cramping so, so badly. It felt like those period cramps from hell- like the skeleton army is marching over your abdomen. Needless to say I did not go to my cousin's grad party. Because I am a horrible human. So probably a gallon of water and a few hours later the roomie and I had guests of Mary Kathryn and Don. That of course was a fun time! Zack, Don, Mary Kathryn and I ordered a pizza (I know, more dairy) and fries, broke open some wine, and watched a movie. Overall a good low-key night, which I think we all needed. 

After they left Zack and I were awake for maybe an hour or two later and then went to bed as well. Such exciting adult lives. Sunday was more eventful though!

So Sunday started with meeting Mary Kathryn, the other bridesmaids, and Don's mom at The Dress Matters so Mary Kathryn could pick up her dress. Seeing her in the dress that was her size was so wonderful. She literally looks fantastic and Don is going to cry when she walks down that aisle. We loaded the dress and her boots into my car and then popped over to pick up Momma Marie's dress from David's Bridal. We mosied around for awhile and then all of us ladies grabbed lunch at Bertuccis. Which was so good. We all got entrees and three of us got sangria. Now THAT was some amazing sangria, so of course I had to take a photo. After lunch we marched over to Men's Warehouse since it was close to make sure that the men had ordered matte shoes for their suits and not the shiny ones, thankfully Don called and fixed it! At that point we realized Momma Marie had to get to work at the firehouse so we drove back to Mary Kathryn's house (which is next door to my Kacco's) and said our goodbyes. 



Going into Kacco's was interesting because Magnus is living there now and that pup is massive. He's a damn horse and it's hard to believe he's only a year old. He was also a huge ladies man- showing off for all the girls and giving so many puppy kisses, I hope he always stays so sweet. Kacco then took us upstairs and we got Mary Kathryn into her dress so Kacco could check on alterations. The amazing thing about being tall is NOTHING HAS TO BE HEMMED. Like GODDAMN. We tightened the bust more than they had at the dress shop and Mary Kathryn said it fit a lot better, then we played with the bustle. I took photos of the finished product that Kacco is going to do but of course I'm not posting those photos! Seriously she looks stunning and I'm so happy she feels like a bride. The dress was even perfect with her boots! 

Us ladies holding her dress though was hysterical! I was holding up the front since she was getting warm and fanning her out, Kelly had to go under her skirts to hide the ribbon that tied her in, Ashley was fanning her with a box top, it was overall a sight to see. We are keeping the dress at Kacco's so Don can't "stumble" upon it at the house. We all chatted for awhile once we were done and then ran outside in a downpour to our cars/ homes. After that the day seemed ordinary, it was close to 6:30p once I got home so I changed and did some work, then Zack and I reheated the fries from the night before and sat down for Game of Thrones. After that it was bedtime. 

So really not a super crazy weekend but it was fun, and I was glad to spend time with friends and some family. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

instagram

Subscribe